Institutional accreditation for education in the Czech Republic interni evaluace
Nostrification without exams in the Czech Republic
Nostrification without exams in the Czech Republic interni evaluace. Recognition of secondary education is carried out by regional authorities. Universities which have received institutional accreditation may also recognize foreign secondary education as part of their admission process. Such recognition is, however, only valid for the particular university and faculty
The list of universities that have the right to conduct internal assessment of school education includes the country’s top universities: Univerzita Karlova, VŠE, VUT, ČZU, VUT, ČZU, MUNI (Fakulta informatiky).
More information can be found on the website https://regvssp.msmt.cz/registrvssp/inak.aspx
A number of Czech universities that have received special legal opportunities “institucionální akreditace” now have the right to independently, as part of the admission campaign to a university in the Czech Republic, review the applicant’s documents on foreign education and decide on their compliance.
How to pass nostrification without exams in the Czech Republic?
It is enough to follow a few steps:
- fill out an electronic application to the University of the Czech Republic;
- pay the fee according to the instructions in the application;
- send to the university in the Czech Republic by post notarized copies of the documents required for nostrification.
*Documents must be translated into Czech (English) by a court interpreter.
Your documents will be reviewed by a Czech university committee. And here is the main advantage of the internal assessment procedure: universities in the Czech Republic do not appoint exams during the procedure for recognizing school education, as is done during the standard nostrification procedure in the Czech Republic. And he is preparing for the nostrification exams on tickets.
It is important to understand that the results of the internal assessment that you receive at the university of your choice will be relevant only for this educational institution and apply only to its faculties (or faculty). The interni evaluation results of one university will not be valid at another university in the Czech Republic. This is another difference between internal evaluation and the standard nostrification procedure. After all, the results of nostrification in the Czech Republic are valid in all universities of the country.
The list of universities that have the right to conduct internal assessment includes top universities in the Czech Republic.
List of universities in the Czech Republic,
accredited by Národního akreditačního úřadu pro vysoké školství, which allows for the internal recognition of a foreign passport
- Univerzita Karlova (UK)
- Masarykova Univerzita (MUNI)
- Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci
- Univerzita Pardubice
- Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze (VŠE)
- Jihočeská univerzita v Českých Budějovicích
- Ostravská univerzita
- Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze (ČZU)
- Vysoké učení technické v Brně (VUT)
- Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně
- Veterinární a farmaceutická univerzita Brno
- Univerzita Jana Evangelisty Purkyně v Ústí nad Labem (UJEP)
- Vysoká škola báňská – Technická univerzita Ostrava
- Akademie múzických umění v Praze (AMU)
Please note that:
– not all of the above universities / faculties offer applicants internal nostrification
– relevant information is not always available on the website of the university
– in order to know exactly whether the faculty of your choice conducts the internal interní evaluace procedure, you need to write an e-mail to the address of the Student Department of the faculty.
And do not be upset that the results of internal assessment are valid only in one Czech university! You can apply for internal nostrification of school education at the same time to several Czech universities, where interni evaluation is available.
This is a great opportunity to save time, and, let’s be honest, keep your nerves intact.
How to find out which Czech universities conduct the interni evaluation procedure
This information can be found on the website of the selected university. You can also ask this question to the student department of the faculty where you plan to enroll. To do this, it is enough just to write a letter of such content to the e-mail indicated on the website of the university.
What documents are required for interni evaluation?
For internal assessment of the school certificate, you must provide the following package of documents:
- certificate of secondary education (diploma) – certified copy;
- application to the certificate (diploma) – a certified copy;
Copies of the above documents must be translated into Czech (English). The application is submitted electronically, and the payment of the fee is prescribed in the application.
The application for interni evaluace and the package of documents are submitted after you have submitted an application for admission to the university – Přihláška, that is, when the admission campaign has begun.
Where to submit a package of documents?
A package of documents is sent by mail to the address of the university.
Information on the results of consideration of an application for internal recognition of foreign education is sent to the applicant’s e-mail. If the decision is positive, it will come directly to the faculty (or faculties) where Přihláška has been submitted. The decision is valid within the faculty or several faculties, depending on the rules of a given university.
How long are documents considered?
The time for consideration of documents is 30 days. Note that, as a rule, universities respond much faster.
Does a positive decision on the recognition of a school certificate apply to other universities?
No. Does not apply. A positive decision of one university is not distributed and is not accepted by other universities.
There can be only one conclusion here. Need to try!
We found only 2 possible disadvantages of internal evaluation:
- Its results are valid only within the university where you took the institucionální akreditace. Therefore, you need to apply for assessment and prepare packages of documents for each university you want to enroll in separately.
- Unfortunately, not all universities are eligible for internal evaluation. There is a possibility that the university you have chosen does not conduct this type of nostrification.
But, let’s be honest, all these shortcomings can be easily blocked by pluses:
- You can apply for internal assessment to many universities at the same time. You will not have to pass the nostrification exam, therefore, you will have time to “nostrify” the certificate at once in all selected universities.
- All prestigious universities in the Czech Republic have the right to internal evaluation of a foreign certificate.