Dormitory Charles university accommodations
General Conditions of Residence in the Residence Halls of Charles University (hereinafter „GLC“).
Charles university dorms. Rights and obligations of the employer
The rights of students in the dormitories of the Czech Republic
1. The tenant (resident) has the right to: a) use the premises provided to him for living, as well as the shared premises of the hostel, b) use the services, the provision of which is associated with Charles university accommodation, c) use the services related to the maintenance and cleaning of the room , if the landlord is granted access to the room, and maintenance and cleaning are not hindered by excessive disorder in the tenant’s personal belongings, d) to freely use their own electrical appliances intended for personal hygiene or charging laptops, mobile phones and similar devices, and the user is responsible for their proper technical condition and operational safety; the device must be adapted for connection to the electrical network in the Czech Republic, e) receive visitors in accordance with paragraph 5 of this article, f) refuse to clean the room; such waiver must be in writing and must contain the signatures of all roommates, the date of the signature, and must be delivered to the landlord. Charles University Accommodation.
Studying in English at Charles university
Obligations of students in the dormitories of Charles University
2. Rules for living in the dormitory of Charles University. The tenant (resident) is obliged: a) to properly use the premises provided to him, as well as the joint premises of the hostel, b) when using them, behave without endangering the life and health of people, without damaging property, without restricting any of the residents in his rights and freedoms and without prejudice to the reputation of Charles University, c) read in detail the provisions of the Agreement for Charles university accommodation (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”), the Rules of Residence valid for this hostel, the Landlord’s Price List, as well as any other instructions for residents, published on the information board of the hostel, and comply with all these regulations and instructions, d) read and comply with the fire safety instructions in the living quarters, e) comply with the instructions of the landlord and other persons appointed by the landlord, first of all, upon request, present an identity card, f) observe silence at night – from 22 to 6 hours, g) make timely payment for Charles university accommodation in accordance with Article IV, h) within 5 working days from the date of change of personal and other data specified in the Agreement, of which the GLC, which is its annex, is an integral part, notify landlord, i) immediately notify the landlord of the need to repair the premises allocated to the tenant for living, j) behave in such a way as not to cause damage to the property of the landlord and the tenant, among other things, lock the room with a key when leaving, k) immediately inform the landlord about caused or discovered damage, l) notify the renter in advance about the use of your own electrical appliances, including the necessary identification and technical data, with the exception of portable computers (laptops, tablets, etc.) and electrical appliances intended for personal hygiene (e.g. electric shavers, etc.). e.) or for communication (mobile phones, etc.); all appliances must comply with current technical and safety standards and must be used in accordance with these technical standards and other applicable laws; the tenant is obliged to compensate the lessor for the damage caused as a result of the use of the electrical appliance; for security or technical reasons, the renter may prohibit the use of an electrical appliance or set a fee for its use; , turn off the water taps and make sure that the window is closed or open only for ventilation, n) provide the landlord or other responsible person with access to the premises allocated to the tenant for living for the reasons specified in art. II. paragraph 9, o) the tenant is obliged to reimburse the landlord for all costs associated with bringing the dwelling and its equipment to its original condition (taking into account normal wear and tear), in case of damage or destruction by the tenant.
Anglo-American university in Prague. Study programs in Prague in English
What is prohibited for a student in a dormitory in the Czech Republic
3. Charles university in Prague dorms. Without the prior consent of the landlord, the tenant (resident) is prohibited from: a) making significant changes to the premises allocated to him on the basis of the Agreement for temporary residence, b) moving furniture and other equipment to other rooms, c) storing his personal belongings in the corridors and other common areas of the hostel ; corridors serve as evacuation fire exits and must remain free for passage, therefore, all items left in the corridor will be considered abandoned, and the renter or other responsible person is obliged to remove them; at the same time, the tenant does not have the right to reimburse them, with which the tenant agrees, d) use personal electrical appliances in the residential premises, with the exception of portable computers and devices intended for personal hygiene or communication, e) intentionally provide a room for living to unauthorized persons who do not registered with the Charles university dormitory, f) indicate the address of the dormitory as a place of business or as the address of various companies, associations, etc., g) move to another room.
Czech and Prague private universities in English
4. Further, the tenant (living) on the territory of the dormitory is prohibited from: a) causing material damage to the property of the renter, including the equipment of the room and common areas (for example, sticking posters, hammering nails, etc.), b) damaging, eliminating or destroying instructions , instructions or tables intended for fire protection, informing residents or for other purposes, c) affect any wiring (electrical wiring, Internet networks, etc.), d) store or carry weapons and ammunition, as well as store or otherwise conceal explosives and explosive objects, including items of recreational pyrotechnics, e) store, manufacture or conceal narcotic or psychotropic drugs and poisons, unless these are medicines, the use of which was prescribed to the employer by a doctor, or publicly available medicines in a reasonable amount, f) damage, abuse or otherwise interfere with the use of fire extinguishers or other media dstv fire protection and fire safety equipment; such actions constitute a misdemeanor in the field of fire protection, for which the competent fire protection authority may impose a fine of up to CZK 20,000, g) handle open fire, flammable or other dangerous substances, h) smoke outside designated smoking areas; if the Charles university dormitory does not have a smoking area, smoking is prohibited in all premises, i) keep pets; an exception can be made by the landlord on the basis of a written application by the tenant, confirmed by the consent of the roommates; the landlord may also request a certificate from a veterinarian on the health status of the animal and its harmlessness.
Rules for visiting dormitories in the Czech Republic
5. Visits to Charles university dormitory can only take place in accordance with the following rules: a) visitors are allowed to enter the hostel in the Czech Republic from 8 am to 10 pm, b) any employee of the hostel has the right to verify the identity of the guest and record his data in accordance with the identity card in for registration purposes, c) visitors can only move around the hostel accompanied by the tenant, d) the tenant is responsible for ensuring that its guests comply with all GLC regulations and the Residence Rules; in case of their violation, the landlord or a person authorized by him has the right to remove the visitor from the dormitory, about which a protocol will be drawn up, e) the acceptance of visitors in the room is prohibited if one of the roommates does not agree with him, f) if outside the period specified in point a), a visitor is found in the room of the tenant, the tenant is obliged to pay for his guest in the amount corresponding to one night in this type of room, g) if it is impossible to identify an outsider, the Czech Police will be called in order to prevent criminal activity, h ) entrance to the dormitory in the Czech Republic may be prohibited for persons under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, as well as for persons previously removed from the hostel in accordance with subparagraph d).
The system of higher education in the Czech Republic
Apartman student in Prague. Eviction order
6. Rules for living in the dormitory of Charles University. The tenant (resident) is obliged to move out of the room on the day of the end of the stay. If he is not evicted, the landlord has the right to vacate the premises at the expense of the tenant and place things in the premises intended for these purposes. Here his belongings will be kept for one month. If during this period the tenant does not pick them up, the things will be destroyed, with which the resident agrees.
7. The tenant (resident) is obliged to hand over to the landlord the premises allotted to him for living, in the condition in which he received it, taking into account normal wear and tear.
8. In the event of a debt arising in connection with the Agreement, the tenant (resident) is obliged to pay it no later than on the day the premises are handed over to the landlord or no later than on the day the premises are vacated by the landlord.
List of Public Universities in the Czech Republic for International Students
Charles university hall of residence. Rights and obligations of the landlord
1. The landlord is obliged to provide the tenant (resident) with a room for living in a condition suitable for proper use, and ensure that he can freely exercise his rights related to Charles university accommodation.
2. The Lessor shall ensure that the reported faults are rectified without undue delay.
3. The landlord shall ensure that the claimed damage is rectified without undue delay. The landlord may demand compensation from the tenant (resident) for the associated costs if the damage was caused by the tenant.
4. Student apartment in Prague. The Landlord is obliged to comply with the provisions of the Agreement, the GLC and the Rules of Residence.
5. The landlord ensures order and cleanliness in the common areas, as well as other premises in accordance with the conditions of the respective hostel. The landlord has the right to conduct regular inspections of rooms that are not cleaned, with a frequency of no more than once a week.
6. The landlord is obliged to ensure the cleaning of the room of the tenant (resident), if he is granted access to the room and if this is not prevented by excessive disorder in the personal belongings of the tenant.
7. Upon request, the landlord is obliged to provide the tenant (resident) with the opportunity to familiarize himself with the rules given in Art. I paragraph 2 subparagraph c) of the GLC.
8. The landlord has the right to replace the premises allocated to the tenant (resident) for living, and allocate another one to him: a) at the request of the tenant, b) in case of operational need; operational need includes, in particular, an accident, a major renovation or an optimization of the hostel’s capacity.
9. The landlord or a person authorized by him has the right to enter the premises where the tenant lives, also in his absence: a) in the event of an accident, imminent danger to health, property or in order to prevent other serious danger, b) for cleaning or maintenance purposes , c) for the purpose of repairing or eliminating defects declared by the employer or otherwise discovered, d) for the purpose of checking rooms that are not cleaned in accordance with Art. I paragraph 1 subparagraph f) and Art. I. paragraph 5., e) in order to control compliance with the provisions of the Agreement, the GLC and the Rules of Residence or other instructions and legislative acts (primarily control of electrical appliances), f) in order to conduct an inventory of the property of the landlord.
Registration with the Czech police and the Czech Ministry of the Interior
Rules for living in the dormitory of Charles University.
Cost of living and services provided with Charles university accommodation
1. The fee for Charles university accommodation means the total amount for Charles university accommodation in this Charles university dormitory in accordance with the current price list and the amount for the use of other services. The cost of services provided in conjunction with Charles university accommodation is included in the cost of living, which is determined according to the current price list of the landlord.
2. Services provided in conjunction with Charles university accommodation are defined as follows: a) heating, hot and cold water and electricity, b) linen change, c) cleaning of the room, common areas and removal of household waste, d) counter services reception, if available at the Charles university dormitory, e) Internet connection (using a socket or wi-fi), if available at this Charles university dormitory, and disconnection (i.e. temporary interruption in the provision of service) as a result of a malfunction or force majeure does not give the tenant (resident) the right to reduce the cost of accommodation or services.
3. Apartman student Prague. Other services mean the use of own brought electrical appliances or other services not included in the standard price.
4. The renter’s price list, valid on the date of conclusion of the Agreement at Charles university accommodation, is published on the information board of the hostel and on the website http://www.ujop.cuni.cz.
Work permit in the Czech Republic for a student
Terms of payment for a dormitory in the Czech Republic
1. If the current price list of the landlord establishes, the tenant (resident) is obliged to pay a deposit or booking fee in advance. The deposit and booking fee are non-refundable. The deposit is used to pay for the accommodation and covers the start of the stay in the number of days in accordance with the current Price List of accommodation. The amount of the deposit is calculated from the beginning of the stay.
2. The period for which payment must be made is also indicated in the Price List. Payment for accommodation must be made in advance, no later than the 5th day of the calendar month in which Charles university accommodation is provided.
3. The place and method of payment for accommodation are indicated in the Residence Rules valid for the respective dormitory, posted on the information board of the respective dormitory.
4. The penalty for late payment is 500 CZK for each started month for which the tenant (resident) is late in paying for the accommodation. This does not affect the right to compensation for damage caused to the landlord and, therefore, the provisions of Art. 2050 of Law no. 89/2012 “Civil Code”, as amended, are excluded.
5. Charles university dormitory prices. At the beginning of the stay, the tenant (resident) is charged a deposit of 5,000 CZK. The deposit is intended to compensate for possible damage caused by the tenant (resident) or his guests to the equipment of the room or common areas of the hostel.
6. After the room has been rented, the deposit is returned in full, if no damage was found to the equipment of the room and if there was no damage during the stay. Otherwise, the deposit or part of it is used to compensate for the elimination of the damage caused and the payment of all obligations. The remaining part of the deposit is returned to the tenant (resident) after calculating the payment for repairs or other obligations.
7. If the tenant (resident) does not inform about his departure and does not rent the room, the deposit is not returned.
Czech Universities ranking world
Rules for living in the dormitory of Charles University. End of stay
1. Charles university accommodation ends:
a) Rules for living in the dormitory of Charles University. Upon the expiration of the term for which the Charles university accommodation Agreement was concluded, unless the parties agree in writing to extend the period of residence.
b) By agreement of the parties, and a written offer to end the stay must be submitted to the other party at least three working days before the expected end of the Agreement.
c) Before the end of the agreed period of residence, by written termination of the Agreement by the tenant (resident), also without giving reasons, with a one-month notice period starting from the first day of the month following the delivery of the written notice to the landlord. Upon termination of the Charles university accommodation Agreement, there is no right to a refund of the amount already paid for Charles university accommodation, including the Charles university accommodation deposit and the reservation fee in accordance with Article IV.
d) Before the expiration of the agreed time of residence, by written termination of the Agreement by the landlord without a notice period, if the tenant (resident), despite warnings, grossly violates his obligations under the Agreement or morals; a gross violation of obligations under the Agreement or good morals is always considered to be non-payment for accommodation, damage or contamination of the equipment of the room or common areas of the hostel, inadequate behavior towards other residents and violation, above all, of the provisions of Art. I paragraph 4 subparagraphs c) – h), etc.
e) Before the expiration of the agreed time of residence, by written termination of the Agreement by the landlord without a notice period and without prior written warning, if: ea) the tenant (resident) at Charles university dormitory knowingly caused damage to the health of another person, or damage to the property of the landlord, or another tenant (resident) in the amount of at least CZK 5,000, eb) the tenant (resident) knowingly provided the premises allocated to him for residence to another person, ec) the tenant (resident) ceased to be a participant in lifelong education under UJOP UK.
2. Delivery of the notice of termination of the Agreement by the landlord to the tenant (resident) is carried out: a) personally in the hands under his signature; refusal to receive the document is considered delivery (the refusal must be recorded), b) by a subject with a postal license, by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt sent to his postal address in the Czech Republic, if this address is different from the address of the dormitory and it is known landlord; notice of termination of the Agreement is considered delivered after the tenth calendar day from the date of placing the document for storage with the subject that has a postal license, regardless of whether the employer knows about the storage of the document.
3. A warning, as an appeal for the correction of a condition resulting from a gross violation of good morals or other gross violation of obligations in accordance with the Agreement, is delivered to the tenant (resident) in the same way as a notice of termination of the Agreement by the landlord (see paragraph 2 of this article ). The tenant is simultaneously informed about the sending of the warning by e-mail via the Internet to the address that he indicated for communication with the renter, if he did so.
4. A warning, as an appeal to pay the debt, is sent to the tenant (resident) by e-mail via the Internet at the address that the tenant (resident) indicated for communication with the landlord; if he has not done so, a warning will be posted on the information board of the hostel.
5. Termination of residence does not affect debts arising from the Agreement.
Czech language levels. Levels of knowledge of the Czech language
Rules for living in the dormitory of Charles University. Other arrangements
1. For other matters not regulated by the Agreement and these GLCs, the relevant provisions of Law No. 89/2012 Civil Code and other valid legislative acts shall apply.
2. The tenant (resident) takes into account that the dormitory in the Czech Republic is not a place for depositing and storing large amounts of money, as well as savings books, currency and valuables, jewelry and especially valuable items for personal use. The Landlord shall not be liable for any damage or loss of funds in accordance with this provision.
3. Both parties undertake to conclude on the day of placement in Charles university dormitory an Addendum to the Agreement containing: a) the number of the room in which the tenant (resident) will be provided with temporary Charles university accommodation, b) the email address that the tenant (resident) indicated for communication with the landlord, c) protocol on the issuance of the room.
4. These GLCs are effective September 1, 2018 and apply, among other things, to the UJOP UK Course Residence Rules.