Charles University courses – application and documents
Application deadlines for Charles University courses
The beginning of the preparatory courses of Charles University – in September, the submission of applications for admission to the chosen university – in February (with the exception of art specialties – applications are submitted there in November and entrance exams to the university are held in winter). From May to July, students take entrance exams to Czech universities. The entire period of study at the courses of the Czech Charles University lasts 10 months.
If you are interested in UK UJOP 2023/2024 Foundation Year Courses, you can apply from September 2022. The deadline for applications is May 15, 2023.
Charles university Сzech language course
Note: Applications for UK UJOP courses received after this deadline will be considered on a case by case basis. In this case, the UK student must take into account that the registration process takes longer, and there is a risk that the start of the course will be missed (mainly due to waiting for a visa to the Czech Republic). In case of late arrival to the courses of Charles University, the missed time of studying in the Czech UK courses is not financially compensated.
List of Public Universities in the Czech Republic for International Students
Payment for Charles University courses
Prices for a Czech course at Charles University (training): Information on current prices can be found on the website www.ujop.cuni.cz.
Tuition fees for UK UJOP courses are paid in advance in full. Only after full payment has been made, the student applicant will receive the official confirmation letter required to apply for a Czech visa for courses. The payment deadline is 31.5. (for UK courses starting in September).
Note: In case of refusal to obtain a visa to the Czech Republic, the student will be refunded the tuition fee for UJOP courses (minus the registration fee – 120 EUR – detailed information is given in the invoice that the student department issues after receiving the application).
Accommodation on the courses of Charles University: Charles University dormitory – the price is about 160 -200 euros per month, or hotel-type accommodation – the price is about 300 euros per month, depending on the choice of the educational center.
More detailed information about Charles University accommodation can be found on the invoice. Housing conditions in each UK study center can also be found on the website: https://ujop.cuni.cz/en/centres/
Czech Universities ranking world
Documents for Charles University courses
1) A completed application form for UK courses (online registration in Czech, English).
2) Motivation letter (form in the online application).
3) A document of complete secondary education (or confirmation from the school that the student is in the last year of secondary school and a certificate of learning outcomes for the last year of study – additional information can be found on the website in the online application).
4) A copy of the passport – make sure that the validity of the passport is sufficient. So that the validity of the passport covers the entire period of validity of a long-term visa! If there are any changes in the passport (eg number) during the application process, please notify the Charles University course administration immediately!
5) Medical Questionnaire – may be required in some study centers of Charles University.
Charles university course contract
Additional services of UK courses
During the registration process for Czech UK courses, students will receive information about additional services (airport transfer or assistance with registration with foreign police upon arrival). Basic information can also be found on the UK website of each educational centre: https://ujop.cuni.cz/en/centres/
Visa Charles University. UJOP visa. Visa courses Charles University